Stratovarius in Japan

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: Stratovarius in Japan

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 29, 2007 1:22 pm

The reason some forums are so peaceful is that not many people go to them.
Well, Jens forum is also a very peaceful quiet place. So is Koti's forum.
The bigger the forum, the more diversified, and the more disagreements.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Tue May 29, 2007 4:14 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:The reason some forums are so peaceful is that not many people go to them.
I don´t know about the other forums, but the reason my forum is so peaceful is twofold:

1 Troublemakers are removed instantly (and this involves everyone who doesnt follow the "tolerance, politeness and respectfulness" rule

2 The topics are not interested for those who want to project their inner hate
in internet forums. They would be called "gay" etc.. I actually wonder at
which point in history goodness turned to "gay" or "boring" or "laughable".

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 29, 2007 5:59 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:The reason some forums are so peaceful is that not many people go to them.
I don´t know about the other forums, but the reason my forum is so peaceful is twofold:

1 Troublemakers are removed instantly (and this involves everyone who doesnt follow the "tolerance, politeness and respectfulness" rule

2 The topics are not interested for those who want to project their inner hate
in internet forums. They would be called "gay" etc.. I actually wonder at
which point in history goodness turned to "gay" or "boring" or "laughable".
:huh: I think the topics there are good. Not boring at all. From politics, and religion to food&music, its a variety. Several people, including myself, still post there regularly.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed May 30, 2007 2:15 am

It was Infinity vs Destiny. :)
IceBreaker likes Infinity as best long-song, while my all time favourite is Destiny. I like Infinity as well, and I had a period of my life when I was listening to it a lot, but nowdays it does not move me as much as it used to do. While Destiny is somehow a song I can't get bored of (listened to it about 1900 or 2000 times)... although I'm not listening to it that often anymore (started listening more latin songs :) ).
We used to make funny comments to each other with IceBreaker, so I understand what he wanted to say with his post. But that's a topic which has already been resolved.

Anyway, I haven't heard Visions live either. It must be really cool... like most of the other songs. I can remember the poll that Jens posted/coded. Most of the people voted on Black Diamond, Destiny, Father Time, Hunting High & Low and such songs. The most popular ones of course... what would they be if not the most popular ones, if everyone votes? :P But someone mentioned in his post, that he likes these popular songs as well, but it's kind of boring to hear the same songs live all the time. I some what agree, I mean I am always happy to hear my favourites, but there are some songs I would be interested to listen to, live as well. I can remember how great it was when you guys played Coming Home, in Budapest (or rather: to Budapest :P ). I attended your concert in Vienna 30 nov 2005, and the concert in Budapest the day after. You did not play Coming Home in Austria, so I really did not expect to hear it... and when I heard the first notes (is that the expression for it in english? 0.o ) then it felt really good (well, it's one of my favourites, but it's not the most popular among stratofans). :)

I can still remember one of your old posts, Timo. Basically you said, that you used to hate rap, techno and such music genres, but later you reliased that there's no so called crap music. Everyone has different tastes and this taste can change in time. Maybe what makes me feel happy/relaxed/turned on will not make another person feel the same way and vice versa. Even if a song does not move me, it is still not crap, as it might be a great song for somebody else. I already understood and agreed at the time you posted it, but now that I'm listening to less metal and more latin/standard dance songs and to various musics of other genres as well I can value your post even more.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed May 30, 2007 9:32 am

Beast_Pete wrote:It was Infinity vs Destiny. :)
IceBreaker likes Infinity as best long-song, while my all time favourite is Destiny. I like Infinity as well, and I had a period of my life when I was listening to it a lot, but nowdays it does not move me as much as it used to do. While Destiny is somehow a song I can't get bored of (listened to it about 1900 or 2000 times)... although I'm not listening to it that often anymore (started listening more latin songs :) ).
We used to make funny comments to each other with IceBreaker, so I understand what he wanted to say with his post. But that's a topic which has already been resolved.

Anyway, I haven't heard Visions live either. It must be really cool... like most of the other songs. I can remember the poll that Jens posted/coded. Most of the people voted on Black Diamond, Destiny, Father Time, Hunting High & Low and such songs. The most popular ones of course... what would they be if not the most popular ones, if everyone votes? :P But someone mentioned in his post, that he likes these popular songs as well, but it's kind of boring to hear the same songs live all the time. I some what agree, I mean I am always happy to hear my favourites, but there are some songs I would be interested to listen to, live as well. I can remember how great it was when you guys played Coming Home, in Budapest (or rather: to Budapest :P ). I attended your concert in Vienna 30 nov 2005, and the concert in Budapest the day after. You did not play Coming Home in Austria, so I really did not expect to hear it... and when I heard the first notes (is that the expression for it in english? 0.o ) then it felt really good (well, it's one of my favourites, but it's not the most popular among stratofans). :)

I can still remember one of your old posts, Timo. Basically you said, that you used to hate rap, techno and such music genres, but later you reliased that there's no so called crap music. Everyone has different tastes and this taste can change in time. Maybe what makes me feel happy/relaxed/turned on will not make another person feel the same way and vice versa. Even if a song does not move me, it is still not crap, as it might be a great song for somebody else. I already understood and agreed at the time you posted it, but now that I'm listening to less metal and more latin/standard dance songs and to various musics of other genres as well I can value your post even more.
It´s just because from back then the piss level in my head has greatly diminished.

stratofede

Post by stratofede » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:16 pm

TT
I am doing only to please myself.
There are many people who give lots of advices to musicians and if there is anything I have learned during my 25 year career, then it is to listen to your own heart and maintain your vision especially when the times are tough. I take advice from people who I love and respect, that´s all.
that is the Timo that i like :) please Timo follow your heart and feelings, the inspiration is all in composition, personally i don't like the things that has made with fear to "..what will say if..".. or something else, i don't care! The masterpieces has been made with inspiration, not for some ask for that.

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:58 pm

I think that many of us wanted this Timo back, and it's nice to have him again. I told you before the last show in Madrid: through the good and bad times, for me you are a hero and a way to follow.

I wish I could post more regularly, but university and work don't let me enough time to write here...

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:08 pm

nefertari wrote:Here is the set-list of the Osaka gig at the 22th of May :

Hunting High And Low
Speed of Light
The Kiss Of Judas
Hold On To Your Dream
Against the Wind
The Abyss of Your Eyes
Phoenix
Twilight Symphony
A Million Light Years Away
Visions
Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace
Eagleheart
Father Time
Forever
Paradise
Black Diamond
really great tracklist! I hope in Caserta (Italy) they will play the same...even if I don't know if I could be there...really far from my home....
StratoFabio