an open letter to TK, JJ, JM and TT from a fan

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
hiro23
an open letter to TK, JJ, JM and TT from a fan

Post by hiro23 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:12 am

I'll put this letter into two parts for both parties

First to Jens, Jorg and Timo K
I'd like to say that I"m glad you all decided to stay together whether or not you decide to carry on with the band name is okay I will still stay one of your many devoted fans. You guys have really inspired me these last several years with your music, your devotion to the fans and your dedication to your art. It's actually hard to fight back tears at this moment but that's how strong your music is to me. Should you decide to carry on the name just promise me you'll do it with the same heart and soul as you've put into all your work.

Timo Tolkki I would like to express my gratitude to you for writing all your many great songs, they speak of a message which I believe is close to everyone's heart. I will also stay one of your loyal fans regardless of what decision you make. I am just simply confused in regards to the situation. Thank you both, from a confused fan
metal feeds the beast

browneyedgirl

Re: an open letter to TK, JJ, JM and TT from a fan

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:20 pm

I think most of us are confused. And amid all the anger, sadness, and whatever we all think&feel about the situation, I think your post basicly sums up how most fans actually feel. It will all work itself out eventually, most things in life usually do. :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:29 pm

I just hope that the guys read this, it expresses how I truly feel, I want stratovarius to continue however I am also asking why, I don't wanna accuse anyone of anything, I just simply want to know from the guys themselves what the plan is.

Thank you browneyedgirl for keeping this thread up
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:41 pm

I really have enjoyed what stratovarius has done with all their lineups. I really think that the guys had some different ideas musically and needed to go in different directions to get some refreshment. They were pretty much on again off again relationship with their great together to broke up to great together to broken up. I think these guys deserve more stability and this move will help each of them get a better environment and give the fans some wonderful times and music from each member. A band needs to have unity and it does not make someone a horrible person if they feel they need a change of scenario to live a happier life and regain a lost passion. This should be to the creative benefit of everyone and soon we will have more music from each to enjoy. I want music from a band where everyone enjoys everyone.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:19 pm

I can see what you mean, I just would like to see stratovarius in one form or another.

I'm sure everyone's music will be great separately however it still won't be stratovarius. I just feel it's not only a name but also an idea. Classical and metal music combined together with lyrics that I'm sure most people can relate to.

All in all I think it adds up to something that should last and not fade away
metal feeds the beast

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:11 am

that's just my opinion on the matter is all
metal feeds the beast

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:55 pm

hiro23 wrote:I'll put this letter into two parts for both parties

First to Jens, Jorg and Timo K
I'd like to say that I"m glad you all decided to stay together whether or not you decide to carry on with the band name is okay I will still stay one of your many devoted fans. You guys have really inspired me these last several years with your music, your devotion to the fans and your dedication to your art. It's actually hard to fight back tears at this moment but that's how strong your music is to me. Should you decide to carry on the name just promise me you'll do it with the same heart and soul as you've put into all your work.

Timo Tolkki I would like to express my gratitude to you for writing all your many great songs, they speak of a message which I believe is close to everyone's heart. I will also stay one of your loyal fans regardless of what decision you make. I am just simply confused in regards to the situation. Thank you both, from a confused fan
Thanks for your kind words. I think all of us really now are concentrating on the important thing, which is music. I feel really good about what I am involved in at the moment. We're meeting up with Jörg later tonight to just hang out, play some rough mixes of the new music, maybe talk about some practical stuff, maybe have _one_ beer :lol:

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:34 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Thanks for your kind words. I think all of us really now are concentrating on the important thing, which is music. I feel really good about what I am involved in at the moment. We're meeting up with Jörg later tonight to just hang out, play some rough mixes of the new music, maybe talk about some practical stuff, maybe have _one_ beer :lol:
Well, beer comes the first - for better converstaion :)
btw, Jens, since you finally reached the forum, could you please tell whether these words are true of not:
TimoTolkki wrote:I actually know that they will not continue as Stratovarius. And I think it is the right choice for them.
They can still play the Strato songs they prefer, but the band will not be Stratovarius and that's why
I think they made the right choice.
...or at least tell that you know about these words? It is a very important piece of information for all of us, I believe.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:59 pm

It’s great to know your having a great time with the guys. I’m looking forward to what you guys come up with. Glad to see you all focusing more on the music and having a great time together with chosen band mates. Like the name of one u2 concert I found. Fuck the past. Kiss the future

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:27 pm

thank you Jens for your reply, I just simply wanted clarification on the subject.
I figure instead of pointing fingers it's better to hear it from the band itself, thank you
metal feeds the beast

Raven

Post by Raven » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:15 pm

R.F. wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:I actually know that they will not continue as Stratovarius. And I think it is the right choice for them.
They can still play the Strato songs they prefer, but the band will not be Stratovarius and that's why
I think they made the right choice.
...or at least tell that you know about these words? It is a very important piece of information for all of us, I believe.
Interesting thing is that Tolkki answered like this today at the RR forum:
"To be honest, that is not where my thoughts and life really are at the moment. I was in that band for 23 years and in the end when I felt it was the end, I faced some of the most nasty conduct from my ex band mates who might even continue using the name of "Stratovarius". To me that band ended to Elements records and everything after that was just prolonging the end. So I am rather concentrating my energies to the future, to RR and many projects I have under development and learning new things."

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Raven wrote:
Interesting thing is that Tolkki answered like this today at the RR forum:
"To be honest, that is not where my thoughts and life really are at the moment. I was in that band for 23 years and in the end when I felt it was the end, I faced some of the most nasty conduct from my ex band mates who might even continue using the name of "Stratovarius". To me that band ended to Elements records and everything after that was just prolonging the end. So I am rather concentrating my energies to the future, to RR and many projects I have under development and learning new things."
hehe looks like he has nothing to say anymore but still wants to talk.
That's exactly what I'm against...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 am

Well, at least we know they are having good time togheter and they are making stuff. This is really exciting.

And Kotipelto in the last pics from this month looks very good, nice and ok.

So, everything is going fine, I think.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:41 am

I'm just glad to hear that things are going well, this news has gotten me excited again. I'm really looking forward to hearing the new album when it comes out :D
metal feeds the beast

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:10 am

Penis
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:33 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Touretts syndrom :?: :?: :?:

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:12 am

Stealth wrote:Penis
This is weird. I was so tired of the discussion here, that I considered starting a topic with that name. The first post would've included a high-definition picture of that organ.