Some love for Jens!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
brought2ubyletterC
Some love for Jens!

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun May 20, 2012 5:12 am

...Outside this forum, I mean. :lol:

I'm watching That Metal Show right now, and the topic is "Top 5 Keyboardists in Metal", and one of the guys put Jens on his list! He made it to #5 on the overall list, which is f*ckin' awesome!

Although these idiots did not know what band he was in and no one seemed to know. Is it really that hard to Google, folks? :eyes

Anyway, congrats Jens! You da man! Image

NeverendingAbyss

Re: Some love for Jens!

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon May 21, 2012 3:28 am

Jens is a faget.

[spoiler]my beautiful sexy faget[/spoiler]

Krigo

Post by Krigo » Mon May 21, 2012 8:37 am

The more Jens love the better!

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Mon May 21, 2012 11:14 am

:) Jens is the BEST! All categories!

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:15 pm

TMS is such a joke, seems like most of their 'lists' always go back to shitty rock bands from the 70s and 80s like Thin Lizzy and Judas Priest, I wouldn't be surprised if they only knew about Jens because of Yngwie

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue May 22, 2012 5:02 am

Well yeah, they did; that's why they couldn't figure out what band he was in now. :eyes

Strato fans should all send a mass e-mail to Eddie Trunk to remind him of what band Jens belongs to and that he should correct himself on the show! :lol:

Trunk has said he would like to feature newer bands on the show but because TMS airs on a channel calls VH1 *Classic*, the network wants them to focus more on classic-rock acts. :cry:

tpocain

Post by tpocain » Fri May 25, 2012 8:38 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:...Outside this forum, I mean. :lol:

I'm watching That Metal Show right now, and the topic is "Top 5 Keyboardists in Metal", and one of the guys put Jens on his list! He made it to #5 on the overall list, which is f*ckin' awesome!

Although these idiots did not know what band he was in and no one seemed to know. Is it really that hard to Google, folks? :eyes

Anyway, congrats Jens! You da man! Image
NICE! I wish I could have seen that! But I think Jens should have been #1 with Jordan Rudess right after him. I totally agree they should have at least found out what band he's with now. Too many people are so clueless! :eyes It might help if there was more demand for, and exposure to, their music here in the US--all the more reason I felt we needed a Strato America FB page! So, yeah, we've gotta just get online here and do some DIGGING...Congratulations, Jens! Love you LOTS!\m/ :luv2:
Tams

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:29 am

Jens for number one, and yes I agree Eddie trunk needs to do some research, however it's not that hard to link Jens to Stratovarius if you follow his career.

That is a fail on their part.
metal feeds the beast

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat May 26, 2012 10:45 pm

^Yes, I'm hoping to get through to his radio show this Monday and correct him on his grievous error.

He can make it up by having Strato on the show! :lol:

Topcain: You can watch episodes of TMS on the VH1 Classic site; you might be able to link it on your FB too so others can watch it.

I agree that Jordan should have been on the lists; ironically, Trunk put Derek Sherinian on the list but not Rudess. He was mentioned that "I was gonna put him on my list", but he didn't. Sorry, but if Sherinian was that great, he'd still be playing for DT. :eyes

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:34 am

Was Tony Carey ever mentioned?
metal feeds the beast

tpocain

Post by tpocain » Sun May 27, 2012 4:28 pm

hiro23 wrote:Was Tony Carey ever mentioned?
Well, I don't know but he SHOULD have been! Have you heard his Moog solos on "Tarot Woman" by Rainbow? Wow! He did that song "Fine Fine Day" in the mid-80's, and I always enjoyed that as well. In fact, here's a virtual Moog for you all to play with--someone from their website sent me the Google archive link because I told them I wanted to play with it more... http://www.google.com/doodles/finder/2012/All%20doodles I sent it to Jens on Facebook but I have a feeling he probably has the real thing...\m/
Tams

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun May 27, 2012 4:47 pm

I can't remember if he was mentioned, but I don't think that name was on any of the lists.

It's like someone mentioned before; the lists are a bunch of bullsh*t because they mainly just mention hair bands from the '80s with the occasional nu-metal band thrown in. They just happened to get it right this time with Jens.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:14 am

No keyboardist from any prog rock bands?
metal feeds the beast

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed May 30, 2012 1:13 am

tpocain wrote:
hiro23 wrote:Was Tony Carey ever mentioned?
Well, I don't know but he SHOULD have been! Have you heard his Moog solos on "Tarot Woman" by Rainbow? Wow! He did that song "Fine Fine Day" in the mid-80's, and I always enjoyed that as well. In fact, here's a virtual Moog for you all to play with--someone from their website sent me the Google archive link because I told them I wanted to play with it more... http://www.google.com/doodles/finder/2012/All%20doodles I sent it to Jens on Facebook but I have a feeling he probably has the real thing...\m/
I met Tony Carey once when I was a teenager. I was with a friend (who was a drummer also named Tony) at a Night Ranger concert, and Tony Carey came out into the crowd after his opening set, and hung out with me and the other Tony. Since we both had long hair and were rockers, he must have decided that we were cool, and wouldn't hassle him, which we didn't. He was a very nice guy, and we were all in awe of Night Ranger' set- they were one of the best live bands I've ever seen, and the guitar interplay between Brad Gillis and Jeff Watson was amazing.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:57 am

I do find it a bit funny at times because I really love That Metal show however there are many times it seems their knowledge of all things metal is rather lacking.

They seem to sway towards hair metal and nu-metal more often then not.
metal feeds the beast

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed May 30, 2012 7:42 am

^Exactly. But, it is the only show out there that does represent metal in some capacity in this country, and that's better than nothing.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:44 am

I completely agree that it's a great show and it's nice to have something to represent it here in the states however I just wish they would focus on all aspects not just two or three things.

That's my only critique.
metal feeds the beast

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed May 30, 2012 7:53 am

^Yeah, but as I wrote earlier; Trunk says he would love to feature newer bands on his show but the network keeps them pretty limited on the types of "new" bands they can promote. Hopefully the network will give them more creative control, as the show has proven to be successful and you can only drag the surviving members of Ratt out of the mothballs so many times. :lol:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:20 am

Honestly I think they could bring in some new bands and to incorporate the old bring in one of their influences.
metal feeds the beast

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu May 31, 2012 8:39 am

Or at least in the case of Strato; if they had Jens on there, they could sort of "disguise" it by saying he's formerly of Yngwie's band, and then of course once he's on there he can just sit and talk about Strato all the while. :lol:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:05 am

I agree and they can also incorporate new bands by maybe bringing in a member from a new band that was inspired by that musician.
metal feeds the beast

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:07 am

That's a good idea too; or older musicians that guested on new musicians' albums or something. I mean, the fact that the show was bumped up from half an hour to an hour does show that there's an audience there; so the network should lighten up a little and let the guys have more creative control about the bands they want to feature on there.

tpocain

Post by tpocain » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:37 am

Hiro, that's a great idea you've got there...They should do that! :)
Tams

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Or at least in the case of Strato; if they had Jens on there, they could sort of "disguise" it by saying he's formerly of Yngwie's band, and then of course once he's on there he can just sit and talk about Strato all the while. :lol:
I've seen Yngwie on the show before, and he had some amusing responses to some of Eddie's questions.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 am

I really hope that they start incorporating some new bands into the show because you can only bring in the same classic one's so many times before you start saying "alright we already know everything about this person now, give me someone I don't know about"
metal feeds the beast

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:17 pm

There's a polish cock player that has a daughter called WIN that is very famous. DORO is her name. And she sings like crap.

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:29 pm

eternity_strato wrote:There's a polish cock player that has a daughter called WIN that is very famous. DORO is her name. And she sings like crap.
You have lost your creativity as well as shitolkki. Really, not funny anymore. And this is very, very bad. :(

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:19 pm

^Thanks for sparing me that; I was just about to say "do we need to turn EVERY thread into this"?
I really hope that they start incorporating some new bands into the show because you can only bring in the same classic one's so many times before you start saying "alright we already know everything about this person now, give me someone I don't know about"
That's what I'm thinking too; that eventually they'll have had every f*ckin' '80s band on there and the network will have no choice but to go along with their wish to feature newer bands on the show. Of course, this is a network who thinks that the guys from Pearl Jam are considered "newer bands". :eyes

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:56 am

Well I do have some hope cause they did have the guitar player from rage against the machine on the show and also the lead singer from godsmack on another.
metal feeds the beast

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:41 am

True, but even those aren't really "new" bands anymore; Rage has been around since the early '90s and Godsmack the late '90s. So yeah, the network definitely has to kick it up a little if they think '90s bands are considered "newer acts". :eyes