Interview with Timo Kotipelto

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Southern_Stratofan
Re: Interview with Timo Kotipelto

Post by Southern_Stratofan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:17 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Like the saying goes, it's much easier to make fish soup out of an aquarium than doing the the reverse :lol:

Well we all did our best anyway back then, still do as a matter of fact. Shit happens!
Considering I was in High School "back then", I really have no right to form an opinion on what went on.

And yes, Shit does happen. And it always happens to the best of us. I try not to relish in the past & want to look to the present/future.

I can say with great certainty that Strato's future is very bright. I want to say the same for TT too, but not even God knows with that. So Ill just look forward to what he brings us in future. Hopefully youll get to work with him Jens, because your input would really make it more perfect.
Im searching for something. I do not know what, nor do I know what will happen when I find it.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Another one with Timo and Jens (and some Jens grimaces :D):
http://www.rockinvasion.de/video/stratovarius-0

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 pm

In my very honest opinion, I %100 agree with Tolkkis statement saying that the TK, TT, JM, JJ, JK era of Strato was the perfect combination (despite its behind-the-scenes shortcomings). It will never be replicated ever again i know, but damn it sure was perfect while it lasted.
True, but there's a lot to be said for what Lauri and Matias have brought to the table.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:24 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:
In my very honest opinion, I %100 agree with Tolkkis statement saying that the TK, TT, JM, JJ, JK era of Strato was the perfect combination (despite its behind-the-scenes shortcomings). It will never be replicated ever again i know, but damn it sure was perfect while it lasted.
True, but there's a lot to be said for what Lauri and Matias have brought to the table.
Of course, perfection is always relative to the goal being achieved and to the circumstances. The previous lineup could be considered "perfect" for making the best out of TTs vision, until a certain point when the negative aspects outweighed everything else. And the current lineup is "perfect" for the purpose to create new awesome music with awesome musicians who have awesome (but different to TTs) visions :)

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 am

I agree, it's all in how you perceive each line up, there are some out there who would say the dreamspace lineup was the best one. In the end it's what you get out of it personally and I would have to say that each line up has fulfilled my expectations in one way or another.
metal feeds the beast

Southern_Stratofan

Post by Southern_Stratofan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:53 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:
Yes, I really should have clarified my statement, as some have already for me. That for TTs vision for how he wanted Strato to be, it was perfect. (sorry guys)

Lauri & Matias injected new life into Strato. And Im very happy that there was no attempt to emulate TTs musical direction.
Im searching for something. I do not know what, nor do I know what will happen when I find it.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:50 am

Well, no one can duplicate what's in a person's heart and soul, which is why I did worry a bit about what the direction of Strato would be like after he left the band. I think the new line-up has done a fantastic job of breathing new life into the Strato sound, while still maintaining the key components of the initial sound that we all love. That's a hell of a hard balance to strike, and I take my hat off to them for that.

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 am

It's because all of them can now share their ideas without stopping them. :D

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:13 am

It's now a band with members who can write as they want now, not a band with one guy calling all the shots.

As has been stated before, the TT years were a whole other thing, while we had that line up we heard some excellent songs. This new line up is also a whole other thing, we have new life in the band and the songs sound excellent just in a different direction.

Both are great sounds, the only difference being the overall direction. When you have one person writing all of the material it makes sense that eventually your ideas will start repeating themselves. When you have multiple writers you always have a range of ideas to draw from.
metal feeds the beast

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 am

^This.

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:04 am

Or maybe tolkki is trying to be like MJR of Symphony X?