Early Music

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
Emma Frances
Early Music

Post by Emma Frances » Sat May 09, 2009 1:45 pm

So who is also a fan? Some of my favourite composers are of course Händel, Bach and also Giacomo Carissimi( early italian baroque), Jean Baptiste Lully(early french baroque), Jean Phillipe Rameau (excellent late french baroque), Claudio Monteverdi (very early italian baroque).
I´d like to find some more fans out there of early music and metal!
myspace.com/keysofflames

Oceanids

Re: Early Music

Post by Oceanids » Tue May 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Emma Frances wrote:So who is also a fan? Some of my favourite composers are of course Händel, Bach and also Giacomo Carissimi( early italian baroque), Jean Baptiste Lully(early french baroque), Jean Phillipe Rameau (excellent late french baroque), Claudio Monteverdi (very early italian baroque).
I´d like to find some more fans out there of early music and metal!
I have sung a lot of Early Music, though my focus in school was later opera (Puccini, Mozart, Donizetti, etc.)

I love Handel and Purcell and of course Bach. I am more a fan of early Italian and German, rather than French... maybe because I don't care for the ballet in French opera, and the French hated castrati. :)

Not a huge fan of much early opera, except Dido and Aeneas. I like the songs and instrumental/choral Early Music more. My best friend is a countertenor, so have gotten to hear a lot more of it lately! :)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue May 12, 2009 8:50 pm

I enjoy Purcell's work, but also find Tallis' stuff very interesting.

I have a secret love for Baroque opera, so Monteverdi is one of my heroes. I also really like Buxtehude's stuff, if it was awsome enough to inspire Bach it's awsome enough for me!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue May 12, 2009 8:58 pm

I like Bach, Beethoven and Pachelbel the most.

Out of those three I think Beethoven is my favorite composer.

Oceanids

Post by Oceanids » Tue May 12, 2009 9:10 pm

NeonVomit wrote:I enjoy Purcell's work, but also find Tallis' stuff very interesting.

I have a secret love for Baroque opera, so Monteverdi is one of my heroes. I also really like Buxtehude's stuff, if it was awsome enough to inspire Bach it's awsome enough for me!
I like Thomas Tallis as well. I have a passion for that era of history in England so have studied it extensively, although I don't sing much from that period... would like to do more of it. I love Purcell's "Sweeter Than Roses"... he has a way of really expressing things deeply.

Emma Frances

Post by Emma Frances » Thu May 21, 2009 11:07 am

Yes I love purcell too, especially his opera "the fairy queen" and the music he wrote for the death of queen mary. Dowland was also a great english composer. To be honest I cannot stand modern opera, but I absoultely love baroque and some classical opera .
myspace.com/keysofflames

CES

Post by CES » Thu May 21, 2009 3:25 pm

I'm a huge fan of Bach. He's one of the few classical composers I can listen to regardless of what mood i'm in.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu May 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Another one for Bach. Especially his Cello Suite No. 1 i-prelude. I love it!
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu May 21, 2009 9:34 pm

I love a ton of classical music, Mozart,Beethoven,Bach,Vivaldi,Wagner,Pachelbel,Rossini,Liszt.

You name I most likely love it, I've always been a huge fan and it shows in my musical influences.
metal feeds the beast

Emma Frances

Post by Emma Frances » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:42 pm

bump
myspace.com/keysofflames

Isaz

Post by Isaz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:13 am

I too love classical music, both for orchestra and organ. Of course most of the great composers. Of them I guess Mozart, J.S. Bach and Chopin are my favorites, but it's so very difficult to choose. When it comes to organ I'm a sucker for Buxtehude and Messiaen (and Bach of course) and lots more. And I really love groups like "Ensemble Clement Janequin". Dominique Visse is just a WONDERFUL countertenor!

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:03 pm

If there's anything good about this world that would be Chopin, not sure if that's early enough. Check out his concertos with Martha Argerich and Rafal Blechacz. Also try Tchaikovsky's concerto 1 for piano, it's like a rainbow, also with Argerich.
---...---