does Metal get radioplay in your country?

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
Broccoli
Re: does Metal get radioplay in your country?

Post by Broccoli » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:17 am

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:45 am

Once again I said it's my rant area, just my personal opinion which no one else has to share.

That's just been my experience
metal feeds the beast

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:26 pm

hiro23 wrote:Well your getting into my rant area but I believe the media wants to keep the public ignorant of what is really going on.

You see they champion something that's bad saying it's good, telling people that someone just being honest is someone spreading lies and distrust.

They want to show this image of the perfect world when in fact any logical human being knows that happiness comes in small doses and life isn't always good to you and you have to make the best of what you have, however the media doesn't want to show us that.

Nope they want to show us that everyone in the world should be like Britney Spears or Paris Hilton, just the thought of that sends shivers down my spine.
And now you wonder why all you can listen to the radio is the same freaking music over and over again. I've recentl found that not only in radios but on TV too that recycling ideas is the thing that sells a lot
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:27 am

Radio wants to go with what is "safe", they very rarely want to take a risk on a band that may not be radio friendly.

As far as ideas go it's always okay to let your influences shine through however you don't want to sound just like them cause then you might as well be the same band, you got to have something in your sound which makes you stand out.
metal feeds the beast

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:08 am

Yeah, you only have one feature that stands out from other bands, but in the end it starts sounding the same. Why then?
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am

Very true however if you keep that key feature that sets you apart you will always sound different.
metal feeds the beast