Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
ZenithMC
Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied

Post by ZenithMC » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:18 am

While we eagerly await the subsequent Stratovarius releases, check out Return to Heaven Denied by Labyrinth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHu8cyVHk6o

I discovered Labyrinth while perusing hells_unicorn's reviews. They remind me slightly of early Sonata Arctica. Of their discography, this album is probably my favorite. My personal favorite on this album is New Horizons. Absolutely amazing album with a powerful and serene atmosphere. Enjoy!

Empathica1928

Re: Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:45 pm

This is a pretty well known band and album in the power metal world :) After all it is 20 years old. I just saw them play it in full at ProgPower USA earlier this month. Good stuff.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:13 am

The album is 20 years old and I only knew about it for one... guess I was late to the party. :lol: Anyways, it's really cool that you were able to see it performed live in its entirety.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Roberto's still got it live. He's incredible. He also sings a lot of the Disney films in Italian, which is really cool.

At the ProgPower acoustic set, Labyrinth also did some acoustic covers from RTHD, and a cover of Prince's Purple Rain which was gorgeous :)

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Absolutely! Roberto is a phenomenal vocalist. I saw some clips of Labyrinth shows on Youtube and his showmanship and energy really blew me away, especially when he hit those high notes. He makes it look effortless.

I have most of their albums, including that Amazing Maze album they did in 2007. Labyrinth sounds great, even to this day. I find the solos in their most recent works to be more interesting/improved than in their earlier works. Considering how great the early solos were, that's quite a feat.

I had no idea that Roberto sang in the Italian Disney films. That's really interesting! Thanks for the info.

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Solid power metal, I bought couple of their albums including this one some years ago